Dr. T. Sujit is the HoD, Department of Radiation Oncology and Consultant Radiation Oncologist at G. Viswanathan Hospital, Singarathope, Trichy. He is a vital part of the Comprehensive Cancer Care Network ( CCCN ) team that takes care of the entire Oncology department at GVN Hospital.
He completed his MBBS from Stanley Medical College, Chennai. He completed his DMRT from the prestigious Barnard Institute of Radiology ( BIR ) at Madras Medical College and General Hospital, Chennai. Subsequent to this, he trained under the DNB programme for 2 years at Valavadi Narayanaswamy Cancer Centre, one of the oldest and renowned cancer centres in the country, at G. Kuppuswamy Naidu Memorial Hospital, Coimbatore. He later served as Assistant Radiation Oncologist at the same centre till 2011.
In 2011, he was invited to join Thanjavur Cancer Centre, Thanjavur, which was then a fledgling set up. He was instrumental in bringing up the department to AERB standards and helped the centre achieve the necessary requirements to be empanelled under government health insurance schemes, which was a first in the entire Thanjavur and surrounding districts.
In 2013, he joined G.Viswanathan Hospital,Singarathope, Trichy and has taken the centre to the forefront of fighting cancer using state of the art equipment and techniques.
He is a part of the dynamic CCCN team consisting of two surgical oncologists, one medical oncologist and himself as the radiation oncologist. As part of CCCN’s childhood cancer support group, SACHICAN, he takes pride in providing the best radiation treatment to childhood cancer patients. He is skilled in and specializes in conformal and advanced radiation therapy techniques.
As part of CCCN’s academic activities, he is an active member of Oncoclub and conducts regular CME programmes for the medical community of Trichy and surrounding districts.
DNB THESIS : Thyroid dysfunction in patients treated with Radiotherapy / Chemo-Radiotherapy for non- thyroid head & neck cancers.
1. Workshop and Hands-on Training on High Precision Radiation at Apollo Speciality Hospitals , Chennai, January 2004.
2. Workshop on Bench to Bedside held at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore, October 2004.
3. Investigator's Meet for a Clinical trial on Deforolimus at Prague, Czech Republic - “A randomized phase II trial of deforolimus (AP 23573; MK – 8669) compared to progestin in female adult patients with advanced endometrial carcinoma following one line of chemotherapy.”
1. Proffered paper in the 23rd State Annual AROI Conference Tamil Nadu & Pondicherry chapter, 2008 and was awarded the BEST PAPER PRIZE for the paper titled “Thyroid dysfunction in patients treated with radiotherapy/ chemo-radiotherapy for non-thyroid head & neck cancers.”
2. Proffered paper in 29th Annual National AROICON 2007 ( Association of Radiation Oncologists of India Conference ) titled “Thyroid dysfunction in patients treated with Radiotherapy / Chemo- Radiotherapy for non-thyroid head & neck cancers.”
3. Proffered paper in 19th State Annual AROI Conference ( Tamilnadu & Pondicherry chapter ) 2003 (Association of Radiation Oncologists of India Conference ) titled “ Rare case presentation – A case of solitary plasmacytoma of occipital bone .”
4. Poster presentation in 24th National AROICON 2002 ( Association of Radiation Oncologists of India Conference ).
L&T Road, Neelambur, Coimbatore - 641062, Tamilnadu - INDIA
Ph: 0422 4040000 - 4040200 | Email : Contact@royalcarehospital.in
© 2019 Royal Care Super Speciality Hospital. All Rights Reserved.
Web Solutions by AES Technologies (India) Pvt. Ltd.