Adult Cardiac surgery – Involved in Coronary surgeries
- Valve repairs and replacements
- Aortic surgeries
- Grown up child heart diseases (GUCH)
- Research and studies on techniques and management of cardiac diseases
Received awards and recognitions from various organisations, like Rotary International, Lions , SYS charity group, The Kerala Palliative Care groups etc. for social commitment.
Participated in 10 national cardiac surgery conferences and over 12 Cardiac surgery workshops
Presentations & Publications
1. Multiple presentations in Local CSI Coimbatore chapter
- Includes study on Blood loss in beating heart coronary artery surgery (2009)
- Pulmonary valve repair in TOF patients needing transannular patch
- Transfixation with double ligation of PDA – a fool proof method (1998)
- Transpleural Inferior vena caval cannulation for ministernotomy cardiac surgeries
2. Multiple presentations in Local cardiac surgery chapter, Madurai.
- Includes study on post-operative cough in cardiac surgery patients
- Management of incidental coronary artery disease – a new entity
- A series of cardiac aneurysms
3. Multiple presentations in National conferences
- A fatal mishap of Polystan oxygenator - water toxicity Hyderabad conference
- Internal Jugular venous phlebectasia – a rare entity - Kochi conference
- Anomalous high origin of Right coronary artery its cardiac surgical implications - Visakhapatnam conference
- Altered cannulation technique for better working space in ministernotomy cases - Pune conference
- Pulmonary valve repair for trans annular patch needing TOF patients - Jaipur conference
- Cause of cough in post cardiac surgical patients - Visakhapatnam conference
- Perfusion techniques in paediatric cardiac surgery – Indian Journal of Extracorporeal Technology, 1996
- A case of constrictive pericarditis with coronary disease, – Indian Journal of Extracorporeal Technology, 1996
- A simple cost effective way of Pulmonary artery pressure monitoring during beating heart coronary artery surgery. Anasthesia local chapter souvenir
- Unruptured sinus of Valsalva aneurysm with Right ventricular outflow obstruction; Asian Cardiovascular & Thoracic Annals 11(1): 2003
- Alternative inferior vena caval cannulation facilitates ministernotomy procedures, Annals of Thoracic surgery 75 (4): 1358 – 1359, April: 2003.
- Alternative Mitral valve ring; Annals of Thoracic Surgery 78 (6) .2214 – 2215, Dec 2004.
- Analysis of mitochondrial genome reveals a rare 50bp deletion and substitutions in a family with hypertension. Mitochondrion, 11 (6) 878 – 885, Nov 2011.
- Non infective cough in immediate post cardiac surgery patients. International Journal of Contemporary Medicine, Surgery and Radiology. 4 (4) 75 -80, 2019.
- Co-arctation of aorta repair in an infant using arch to descending thoracic aorta bypass, CTSnet Feb.2020; doi.25373/ctsnet.11676240(surgical video)
- Decreasing end tidal Carbon dioxide in a case of Ascending aortic aneurysm; 28( 3) e26 -28, June2014 . http://dx.doi.org/10.1053/j.jvca.2014.01.001
Regional Journal Publications
During a period of 2015 -2020
- Redo cardiac surgery: where we stand
- Clinical correlation – Its importance in diagnosing a rare posterior mediastinal teratoma
- Coronary artery aneurysm – an entity to be reckoned with.
- Origin of left coronary artery from opposite sinus – a profile of two cases.
- Double valve replacement with Cox maze procedure.
- Unruptured sinus of Valsalva aneurysm dissecting into interventricular septum.
- Coronary cameral fistula with LV aneurysm – a rare entity.
- Dysphagia aortica by a large saccular aneurysm – a rare entity.
- Myocardial infarction leading to ventricular septal rupture – a surgeons challenge
- A case of redo sternotomy, Bentalls procedure with mitral valve replacement